Saturday, January 9, 2010

15 min. Treadmill Routine

Like discussed before..you always need to be mixing up and adding challenges to any fitness routine; including your cardio or in this case, treadmill routine. The body adapts quickly to routines and changes and alterations guarantee continued results and help to constantly "shock" the body; which is what is needed to cause a change. This is only a 15 min routine but you can do it by itself or you can add around it. What I did was I ran for 15 min prior to this routine at a steady pace then I went right into this 15 min routine below. After the 15 min were up I ran and then walked for an additional 10 min...so then I still got a good 40 min run in considering I needed a longer cardio day that day. You can alter it before or after however you like. This is a good intensity for a 15 min run thou!
---------------------------
High Intensity Treadmill Workout
3 minutes at 7.3
3 minutes at 7.5
3 minutes at 7.7
3 minutes at 7.9
3 minutes at 8.1

It's only 5 intervals and 15 minutes, but it's fast. This is also great to do before a workout. And remember I always keep my incline @ 2 ..so shoot for 1.5 or 2 at all times because 0 incline is actually a decline compared to the level of challenge you would actually be getting outdoors. This is a proven fact. Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment