Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Short-but-Sweet Cross Workout!

I was short on time the other night at the gym. I had all ready done my morning cardio and I still needed to practice my dance, so I busted out this little beauty. If you go as hard as you can it seems soooooo short! You keep busy and change what you are doing a lot..which distracts from the time..which is always great right?? Ha =)

Here it is: As usual, you know I LOVE cross-fit based work. So you have to go to YOUR personal max..now that is diff. for everyone. Push yourself, be honest, and work to your failure ledge ;)

***50 Plyo-body weight based squats ( I did jumping tuck squats- i.e insanity videos, and then I did 10 knee to elbow (touching together) jump squats and then 10 jumping switch lunges) Mix them up as you wish!

***30 push ups (your choice in style..I did half yoga push ups and half regular)
***1 min. plank hold
***800 M run (I was on treadmill but you could easily do it outdoors if distance is measured out!) Oh..and speed--AS HIGH AS YOU CAN SUSTAIN!
***Grab a bench or like object, hold onto the bench with both hands bracing yourself, tuck knees up into chest and bring legs back and forth jumping over the bench, your hands will be taking the weight.

Repeat 2-3 Times! I did 15 min. of sustained treadmill work before this - feel free to pair cardio before and/or after!

As usual have a fun and fit day! E mail me for questions and concerns @ mj-ervin@wiu.edu

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment